Company and Position Overview:
MD Global Real Estate Inc., operated as of MD Homes, is a Canadian corporate real estate company. The company owns several homes in Edmonton which are currently on rent.
Responsibilities and Duties:
About the Position: We are seeking for a (full-time or part-time) individual who will work primarily in two roles: handyman and property manager’s assistant. An ideal candidate would be someone who has skill and experience as a handyman dealing with plumbing, electrical, general repair and maintenance work. The candidate must have a valid driving license with a reliable vehicle.
The duties and responsibilities are based on those two roles: handyman and property manager’s assistant as follows (but not limited to):
- Working as a handyman for all properties.
- Inspect all community spaces to identify problems with litter, mechanical failure or breakdowns,
- Respond to tenants’ requests for maintenance services (24/7 emergency accessible)
- Primary troubleshooting of plumbing, electrical and safety systems in tenants’ units as required
- Regular performance test, inspection and preventive maintenance of appliances, such as refrigerators, microwaves, stoves, ovens and dishwasher, lighting system, doors, locks, smoke detectors etc.
- Working as an Assistant for Property Manager
- Finding tenants (giving ads on Rentfaster, Kijiji etc.) and managing the tenants (showing the property etc.)
- Assisting on the procedures on purchasing new property (working with our real estate agent, taking key, initial inspection of homes and maintaining it till finding a tenant).
- Assisting the property manager in maintaining tenants’ files, data and input of property information on website.
- Provide tenants with advice and guidance on maintaining their apartment/homes when necessary
- Identify, document and report maintenance and repair work
- Responding to other assigned tasks when need arises.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum 2 years work experience in a handyman position.
- Sincere, committed and independent worker with least monitoring
- Strong commitment to providing excellent customer service to our tenants
- Strong planning and organizational skills coupled with ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters
- Experience with plumbing and electrical systems required
- Ability to communicate well with property management and maintenance staffs
- Willingness to uphold company policies, standards for safety, tenant service and efficiency
Send a resume and cover letter to our email email@example.com
We thank all applicants, only selected candidate will be contacted for telephone interview.
Job Types: Full-time or part-time
1. Group Health Benefit,
2. Minimum 2 Weeks Paid Vacation